Father's Day is all about treating dad to a special day. Create your own memories with your dad, your kids' dad or even someone who is just like a dad. Boston has some exciting and fun things to do. Many of these venues are tailor made for dad. From history buffs to sports fans, here are the staff at Exotic Flowers' top things to do on Father's Day in the Boston area.
Zip across Boston Harbor at 40 miles per hour. Codzilla is a forty minute thrill ride across the ocean. High energy sounds of ACDC enhance the ride. Share this exciting ride with your dad. Create a lasting memory and start your own Father's Day tradition.
Take a walk into Fenway Park this father's day. Every Father's Day, the Red Sox allow a stroll around the warning track, admission is free. I know we are getting a little tired of the same old, same old from the Red Sox. But if you have not tried this, why not check it out this year. Jerry Remy's around the corner is also offering some great Father's Day specials.
You know Dad loves the History Channel. Why not take him to the real life History Channel ? The USS Constitution is a living breathing museum. In celebration of its role in the War of 1812, celebrate its centennial and Father's Day with a visit to Old Ironsides.
Okay, I know it's not in Boston. If you're like me, you consider Foxboro a town in Rhode Island. But Dad loves football and the Patriots. Why not take him to luch at Patriot Place. While you're there, he can visit the Bass Pro Shop and visit some really cool football memorabilia at the Hall at Patriot Place. Maybe even get dad a new Tim Tebow jersey while he is there.
These are just a couple of our favorite spots. Of course, a few of our honorable mentions include Battle Ship Cove in Fall River (a real life Military Channel); Butcher Boy in North Andover for a the griller in your life, he will thank you; or take a ride to Mystic, CT and check out their awesome aquarium.
Father's Day is Sunday June 17th. Don't take your dad for granted. He appreciates being appreciated. Whether you buy him a card, a balloon or even a rose. Let your dad know how much you love him.
At Exotic Flowers in Boston, we currently have five full time fathers on staff. The dads at Exotic Flowers have put together a list of the gifts they would love receive this Father's Day.
- An antispasto fileld with tasty bites of olives, cheeses and salty meats is sure to please the men in your life. Throw in a bottle of red wine, an afternoon of the History channel and you have an event that rivals Super Bowl Sunday.
- The mini solar emergency radio from LL Bean. Hurricane season started June 1st. This is a must-have item for your dad's or husband's emergency kit, bedside stand or car. Or even if he just likes to listen to Joe Castiglione and the Red Sox in the back yard. Affordable, practical and comes from one of our favorite companies, LL Bean. Exotic Flowers in Boston has taken many pages from the LL Bean customer service program.
- They say a way to man's heart is through his stomach. While dad is listening to his new radio in the back yard. Why not pick him up a few thick ribeyes from Butcher Boy in North Andover. Of course, you do not have to leave Boston to buy beef, but Butcher Boy is the best in business.
- While your dad is in the backyard grilling his steaks and listening to the Red Sox, why not help beautify the yard. Many make the mistake of buying dad tools and plants for him to plant. Why not give him a break and have the staff at Exotic Flowers send our Mixed Summer Planter. This delightful planter bustles with lovely flowers and long-lasting garden plants. With so much to offer, it'll make the days of summer brighter.
- Rounding out our top five gifts might be the most nostalgic and best received Father's Day presents of all. How about a box of 2012 Topps Archives Baseball cards. " Archives features a mix of active players and retired greats in a mix of designs based on previous Topps base sets of the past. Hobby boxes have 24 packs with eight cards per pack. Each box is also said to contain two Fan Favorites autographs which include guys like Will Clark, Wally Joyner and Ron Kittle.
Of course Father's Day does not have the cache or exposure of Mother's Day. Father's Day is Sunday, June 19th. Father's like everyone else appreciate being thought of and appreciated. Whether you say 'thanks dad' or we appreciate everything you do. It is also nice to shower your dad with gifts too. After all, he has been a shoulder to cry on; a guy who freely gives you more $ than you ask for and even changed a diaper or two along the way.
At Exotic Flowers in Boston, we always suggest fresh flowers as being the best gift to receive. Men appreciate receiving flowers. The old fashioned theory of men not liking them is out the window. Men like flowers and men like to receive flowers.
If you are still hesitant to send flowers, the staff at Exotic Flowers Boston has come with some great gift ideas as well.
From, the Garden Center at Exotic Flowers in Roslindale on American Legion Highway; Exotic Flowers offers your dad is very own herb garden. If your dad likes to cook or grill, this item is ideal for him.
For a gift that’s both fragrant and utilitarian, send a selection of real herb plants in a galvanized bucket. With fresh sage, peppermint, rosemary, basil and more, it will add taste to any kitchen – and a lovely touch to any décor.
If your dad, brother or uncle is not much of a cook and enjoys indulging himself on other's cooking; we have our Take Me Out to the Ballgame gift basket for Father's Day.
Dads, and Red Sox fans of all ages will think you're an MVP when you send this winning basket. Full of ballpark favorites and more, perfect for a picnic or a pick-up game in the park. You'll score a home run with this yummy basket that includes a real baseball, of course.
Peanuts, pistachios, Cracker Jacks, three good old-fashioned root beer or Sam Adams if you choose are teamed up in this basket.
During our time as the Offical Florist of the Boston Red Sox, we picked up some cool artifacts along the way. For the Dad who has everything and loves the Red Sox, we have a real base used in the 2007 World Series.
What more could you ask for ? A real game used base from the 2007 World Series between the Boston Red Sox and Colorado Rockies. This is a true piece of history. This base comes from game 2 of the 2007 World Series at Fenway Park. The Red Sox won this game 2-1 at Fenway Park on 10/25/7.
And finally my favorite gift for new Dads or Grandfathers; The Land of Chocolate
Cosmos children's book.
** DELIVERED FREE ** The Land of Chocolate Cosmos is the first book in the Green Series dedicated towards educating and empowering children to change the world's environmental concerns. Within the first tale, a community is distraught when their magical natural resource, the chocolate cosmos flower, is overused and abused. With the help of Coco, the people learn how to recultivate and preserve the cash crop, sustaining the sweet enchantment of chocolate that once enriched the tow