We are pushing through the last few weeks of winter here in New England and although spring is certainly not to far away, there’s still the possibility of a snowy day or two. Being stuck in the house with nothing to do can be difficult, especially when you have little kids trapped inside with you and it may be a challenge to find something to do. That’s why its always a great idea to have a few fun crafts on hand to toil away the hours until the more temperate days allow us to play outdoors again. Crafting for both kids and adults is a healthy way to keep our hands and minds busy as well as enjoy special time together creating with one another! Since we love flowers so much, I’ve found this great project that’s simple, easy and ready to hang in your home when you are finished!
PHOTO CREDIT via guidepatterns.com
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
* Tissue Paper
* Pipe Cleaners
* Beads with Large Holes
Crafting Technique Steps:
- Slide a bead on each end of a pipe cleaner and bend the ends to avoid the beads from slipping off.
- Find the mid point of the pipe cleaner and bend them exactly in half.
- Use the scissors and cut colored tissue paper into strips to be used as flower petals.
- Roll the strips of tissue paper around the pipe cleaners in different sizes and shapes to create a multitude of different looking blossoms and them secure the paper with tape.
- Secure the florets onto a long piece of string using the remaining tape and hang in an archway to create a garland for your home.